Dear Stewart,

Again a sound analysis. And I do keep the little finger on the soundboard.
And for fast runs I use the thumb/index as is proper. But perhaps my right
hand is unique, my ring finger is quite independant and strong (and is the
same length as my middle finger). Where it likes to get into the action is
when one has played a chord that goes into a run where the first note of the
run is the weak beat. That good ol' ring finger likes to hit the weak note
so that the thumb can come up and start the thumb/index alternation on the
strong beat. Not that I am in a position to correct any technique, but
everyone has a different hand. (When I have to open a stubborn bottle cap it
is my ring finger that does the work - what can I say, my hand is weird
<g>).

Best, Jon