It all goes to show that "Micing up is hard to do."

   Bill [sorry . . .]
   From: David Tayler <vidan...@sbcglobal.net>
   To: lute <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012, 4:20
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: miking a lute/theorbo
     Well, yesss, we can take it to extremes!
     But four mics is really ten times better than two, and you don't need
     more than six, and you can make a very, very good recording with two
   if
     you are willing
     to spend time on the placement to get it really perfect.
     Fortunately, it is all going to video now, and so the audio has to be
     good, but not as good. No need to fill in the image, the image is
     there.
     dt