Hmmm - so was 'find' pronounced 'foind' then? and 'mind' as 'moind'?
   Perhaps the picture is not as straightforward and clear cut as this?
   MH

   On Friday, 7 June 2019, 14:31:35 BST, jslute <jsl...@verizon.net>
   wrote:
   Dear Martyn and All,
    According to the Crystals, "wind" would be pronounced something like
   "woind" or "woynd." Ben Crystal helped with one of my theater group
   productions a couple of years ago.
   Jim Stimson
   -------- Original message --------
   From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Date: 6/7/19 3:30 AM (GMT-05:00)
   To: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>, LuteNet list
   <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, Ed Durbrow <edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp>
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Renaissance rhyme
      I suppose the question is not so much which words rhymed, but which
      with which.
      For example was 'wind' rhymed with the modern pronunciation of
      'find/mind' - or did 'mind/find' rhyme with the modern 'wind' ?
      An early spelling of 'winde' and 'kinde' might suggest the former -
   but
      do we/you know?
      MH
      On Friday, 7 June 2019, 03:10:03 BST, Ed Durbrow
      <edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp> wrote:
      On Jun 7, 2019, at 9:10 AM, howard posner
   <[1]howardpos...@ca.rr.com>

   <[2]edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp>
      wrote:

      >> wanted to know which word changes so that winde and kinde rhyme.
      >
      > If you're asking which word is pronounced as in modern English (in
      what accent?  Australia?  Mississippi?) the answer may be neither.
      No I'm not asking that.
      > For what it's worth, in Shakespeare's sonnets:
      >
      > Wind (in the sense of air blowing) rhymes with find and mind.
      That is the information I was looking for. Thank you Howard.
      Campion was a contemporary of Shakespeare, so good enough.
      Still wondering if there is an online resource to find such
      information.