Yes, this is a fairly common view - but I what's the reasoning and
   evidence for it?
   MH

   On Friday, 7 June 2019, 16:18:42 BST, Helen Atkinson
   <hjatkinso...@gmail.com> wrote:
   Yes - from what I've learnt from Richard Rastall and others, it's
   'keu-ind' and "weu-ind" ... a bit as they'd say it in the west country.
   Helen
   On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 14:35, jslute <[1]jsl...@cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

        Dear Martyn and All,
         According to the Crystals, "wind" would be pronounced something
     like
        "woind" or "woynd." Ben Crystal helped with one of my theater
     group
        productions a couple of years ago.
        Jim Stimson
        -------- Original message --------
        From: Martyn Hodgson <[2]hodgsonmar...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
        Date: 6/7/19 3:30 AM (GMT-05:00)
        To: howard posner <[3]howardpos...@ca.rr.com>, LuteNet list
        <[4]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, Ed Durbrow
     <[5]edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp>
        Subject: [LUTE] Re: Renaissance rhyme
           I suppose the question is not so much which words rhymed, but
     which
           with which.
           For example was 'wind' rhymed with the modern pronunciation of
           'find/mind' - or did 'mind/find' rhyme with the modern 'wind'
     ?
           An early spelling of 'winde' and 'kinde' might suggest the
     former -
        but
           do we/you know?
           MH
           On Friday, 7 June 2019, 03:10:03 BST, Ed Durbrow
           <[6]edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp> wrote:
           On Jun 7, 2019, at 9:10 AM, howard posner
        <[1][7]howardpos...@ca.rr.com>

        <[2][8]edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp>
           wrote:

           >> wanted to know which word changes so that winde and kinde
     rhyme.

           > If you're asking which word is pronounced as in modern
     English (in
           what accent?  Australia?  Mississippi?) the answer may be
     neither.
           No I'm not asking that.
           > For what it's worth, in Shakespeare's sonnets:
           >
           > Wind (in the sense of air blowing) rhymes with find and
     mind.
           That is the information I was looking for. Thank you Howard.
           Campion was a contemporary of Shakespeare, so good enough.
           Still wondering if there is an online resource to find such
           information.
           [3][9]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html