Chris

> I hope this is the right place to send an 'i have an idea' email,
> it isn't clear on the developer's page.
>
> My idea is this: Allow non-previously entered labels to be used
> as references.  This is a quick-fix for allowing those (like me)
> to embed cross-references to other documents (i'm writing a book
> and need to reference sections in other chapters that are
> parts of a multi-part main document).  It would be *really* nice
> to have label/reference support across documents somehow.  Right
> now, i have to latex code such cross-references.
>
> Thanks for your time, keep up the excellent work.

This is already possible.  You can cross reference labels in other docs cause I
needed to do this with my thesis (split into chapters).  The trick is to open
the two (or more docs you need).  Go Insert Reference in the doc that has the
reference, then switch to the other doc in which you want to insert it. Bingo.

Regards
Ben