John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> IMHO we should
>  #define EXPORT_in_THREAD 0

no we should collect as many bugs as possible for new features.

> #6427. On my machine each threaded export has a roughly 50% chance of
> crashing LyX. We don't need users tell us that EXPORT_in_THREAD is
> broken. We already know it is.

i dont have those crashes. at least we could identify group of people
reporting the same and try to find what is the common denominator.

> Another thing: will the alphas abort on assertions?

the default should be yes for all prereleases.
on the other hand its after all choice of the testers what build type
./configure --enable-build-type=[rel(ease), dev(elopment), pre(release)]
they choose.

>We know that there
> are some mostly harmless assertions that popup without warning such as
>   lassert.cpp(21): ASSERTION y > -1000000 VIOLATED IN CoordCache?.cpp:31
> There seems to be little gain in triggering a SIGABRT on such
> assertions.

assertion means we do something really badly and prerelease is good time
to catch it.

>If we do not want these assertions being buried in some
> xsession file no-one reads, perhaps we could modify LASSERT to popup a
> dialog like the following.:

if they find reproducible assertion, the recipy is enough; if its not
reproducible
then assertion msg itself is usually not much useful...

pavel