John McCabe-Dansted schreef:
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW
<v.f.vanraveste...@tudelft.nl> wrote:
Did we leave the instability period that was expected due to:
- threaded export,

IMHO we should
 #define EXPORT_in_THREAD 0
No, we should have this.

I have done this in keytest since otherwise keytest would do almost
nothing but generate reports about  EXPORT_in_THREAD problems such as
#6427.
I expect users not to press \Ct for thirty seconds.

On my machine each threaded export has a roughly 50% chance of
crashing LyX.
Then you have a buggy machine.

We don't need users tell us that EXPORT_in_THREAD is
broken. We already know it is.
No, we don't.

Another thing: will the alphas abort on assertions? We know that there
are some mostly harmless assertions that popup without warning such as
That's the whole idea of assertions.

  lassert.cpp(21): ASSERTION y > -1000000 VIOLATED IN CoordCache?.cpp:31
There seems to be little gain in triggering a SIGABRT on such
assertions.
Why not ?

* Though we probably don't want users actually reporting this
particular bug since we already know about it.
Who says we know about it ?

Vincent