Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
> >Anybody want to have something before alpha in trunk?
>
> I've one worthy unfinished feature left. Export to dir/zip including all
> dependent files. Don't know what the advantage of being in alpha release
> would be.

i have feeling that we do not understand the alpha state in the same
way. to me alpha means we are still feature open, just that we start think
about finishing the work. that means list everything we would like to
finish and its doable in reasonable time, e.g. zip export, dispatch
refactoring etc.

so the advantage is that we make devs:
* focused more on bugfixing then refactoring or features inveting
* focused on finishing things left
and
* get some feedback from interested testers while still being able
  to do more drastic changes if some flaw is revealed.

> >* Instant preview. What is the status/plan with the patch. IIRC Vincent
> was
> >  unsatisfied with the state of art without being specific.
>
> There weren't any enthusiastic responses from other developers than you.
> The reason why I made it was that I wanted to be able to use psfrag, but
> it appeared that was not supported by dvi2ps. This also holds for tikz I
> believe. So, this removed the need for introducing yet another inset.
> Moreover,

well, the original bug and regularly reappearing request on list
was to have ert+instant preview. it evolved into new general inset
which is far more then requested.

>I couldn't think of a way to integrate the existing preview
> machinery into the new stuff.

but we already have working patch for the original problem, no?
there was missing lyx2lyx part, but i'm willing to finish it if
the general aproach is problematic.

> >* Layout groups are hopeless? Richard? Anybody?
> >  http://wiki.lyx.org/Devel/LayoutGroup
>
> I guess, I launched this site, but I didn't have time to do it as I've
> been fixing bugs, bugs, and bugs.

ok, not for 2.0 i'll retarget it.

> >Other entries?
>
> The "Export as ZIP" feature. I'll try to come up with a prototype asap.

ok. take your time, if we know this is planned,
we can postopone betas, no problem.

pavel