>> What is broken? mail-archive.com doesn't list your mail.
>
> you broke the dialog again. this can be seen when you try to resize
> the whole dialog, combos are no more resized accordingly. Enrico's
> patch worked.

I don't understand, what I committed showed the same resizing behaviour as the current layout by Edwin: When you increase the layout width, the textedit width was increased by a third of it. Why is this a problem? Edwin's solution has now the same narrow textedits as I had in my first commit. But probably I don't see the real problem.

>> Why have you reverted my change?
>
> because you haven't fixed it correctly and didn't communicate with us.
> mailarchive is dropping mails and you are probably regularly missing
> parts of lyx devel communication.

I have no other choice because my mail account is limited to 500 mail (enough for about 3 weeks communication without being subscribed to lyx-devel) and I'm not allowed to use my work mail account for private stuff. (I could buy an unlimited mail account providing IMAP, but don't want to pay that.) In contrary to gmane, mail-archive offers to reply directly to the author of a mail and to sort the mails by date. (I of course double check that I don't miss something by also reading Gmane and/or marc.info. But I do this only once a week.)

I nevertheless think it shouldn't be a problem to send the author of a problematic commit a direct email in CC to assure that he reads it.

regards Uwe