> You don't have to pay for that. Google provide it for free :-)
>
> As a LyX developer you can even have an lyx.org address and access it
> with IMAP. That's exactly what I am doing by the way.

I already have a .lyx account but it is hosted by Google mail (this was the case as JMarc created an account for me, maybe this has been changed in the meantime). The Google mail policies are not acceptable for me because I have to allow Google to scan all my email, use all email contents and store them where the want and how long they want to provide me custom spam, sorry advertisements.

But OK, I can use this account only for LyX as these mails are public anyway.

> Gmane has an also a news (nntp) interface, you should use that
> instead.

That sometimes also failed - some posts were missing - but I'll give it now a new try.

btw. I will now also switch from SCons to CMake. It is good that all developers use the same basics.

thanks and regards
Uwe