Angus> Because I sort the list of names (which I store). If I could
Angus> sort the list of formats by name, then I'd do that instead.
Angus> Note that the STL is largely unknown to me and whilst I do have
Angus> reference literature, I find that I tend to use example (eg
Angus> find_if(), compare_memfunc()) to expand my coding base.

BTW Angus, what's the reason why you did not use (properly) lyxlex to
read rgb.txt files? Is it only because it does not handle '!' as
comment character? In this case, it would be easy to add a
commentChar(char) method to LyXLex. You current code is a bit longer
than needed...