Guenter Milde wrote:

> Please use the fixltx2e package for \textsubscript:

I did not do that on purpose. It has side effects, and the usage of a
subscript should not cgange anything else. It is bad enough that the usage
of some math symbols of the wasy package has the side effect that e.g.
integral signs may change.

> I argue, that LyX-2 should by default *always* insert
> \usepackage{fixltx2e}. This package collects a range of fixes and
> improvements that are not not in the LaTeX core due to backwards
> compatibility issues. The "quantum-leap" from 1 to 2 would be a good
> place for this change:

I agree too that this package should be used, but that should be independent
of subscripts, and it should be possible to switch it off. Furthermore I
don't think that this should be done now (in order to get 2.0 out soon). The
scripts problem did annoy many people, but you are the first one to mention
fixltx2e.

Georg