On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:02:23AM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Montag, 13. Juni 2016 um 19:09:04, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
> <skost...@lyx.org>
> > Note also that for me make package_source produces a tar.gz, not a
> > tar.xz as you suggested above.
>
> It depends on how you configure, so that 'make package' knows what to produce.
> 1.)  -DCPACK_SOURCE_TGZ:BOOL=ON
>       -> .tar.gz
> 2.)  -DCPACK_SOURCE_TBZ2:BOOL=ON
>       -> .bz2
> 3.) -DCPACK_SOURCE_TZ:BOOL=ON
>       -> .tar.Z
> or
> 4.)  -DCPACK_SOURCE_ZIP:BOOL=ON
>       -> nothing on linux
>
> (Select only one of them)
> But, yes, .tar.xz is not created :(

OK

> For the differences:
>       'make git-archive' and 'make package_source' create different files.
> Which one have you used for comparison?

I used make package_source.

> Here, 'make package_source' creates
>       LyX-2.3.tar.gz
>       LyX-2.3.tar.xz
>       LyX-2.3.tar.Z

Ah so xz is created? I must have missed that.

If you have time and want to take a look, compare the tar.gz you get
from CMake to the 2.2.0 tar from the following command:
yourself: ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make lyxdist

Alternatively, we can wait until we figure out other CMake issues if you
prefer.

Scott