On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:40:59PM -0700, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > I'm still not sure what the implications of moving to CMake as our
> > official build system are (I should have made this more clear in my
>
> To start with: If you make tarball with autotools and cmake is there
> difference between those two, do we get the same files/and their contets?

Good question. I don't know. There is no 'lyxdist' target for CMake and
no 'dist' target so I stopped there.

By the way, I saw your comment just above the definition of the lyxdist
target, which you introduced in 2010 (d407a15c):

--------
#Wait some time for bumping automake 1.11, which can use dist-xz
#directly without this code, which is to be removed.
#xz has low compression by default, but can be affected via
#export XZ_OPT=-9ev put somewhere in the makefile.
lyxdist: dist
        bunzip2 $(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION).tar.bz2
        xz -9 $(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION).tar
        ls -hl $(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION).tar.*