Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2016, 23:56 -0600 schrieb Joel Kulesza:
> In the meantime, I'm interested in any thoughts you have on my other
> points.

As I wrote, I think it is important that the dialogs work on all
current screens, and in general, I think 800x600 is still a good
maximum for dialogs.

As to scrollbars, I don't think this is a good idea. This is not usable
without the mouse (and I doubt it can be elegantly done with Qt).

When I did the redesign, I really tried several options. It was _not_
possible to design a dialog of the proper size without using a
pane/tabbar or toolbox. I selected the latter, since it is the most
space-saving option and it does not introduce any extra-clicks.

Of course any redesign is annoying since you have to get used to the
new UI, but we have to make the dialogs work for everybody.

Any points I missed?

Jürgen