On 22.10.2016 14:38, Joel Kulesza wrote:
Interesting, yes, the options are different when that checkbox is
selected (I would have expected them to remain the same but be
overridden by the system colors).  Furthermore, unchecking that box
(which is checked, by default, I believe), permits me to change colors
for items like the shaded box (that I reported on in Ticket 10420).

I will update the ticket with a suggestion to "grey out" the color box
when System Colors is checked.  This should direct users to the right
place and/or right option to enable/disable.

I think your ticket was "removed" without the greyed out suggestion being appreciated. I have added a new ticket and a patch for it.

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10483

Let's see whether it finds supporters apart from you and me. :)

Daniel