Op 03-12-16 om 22:51 schreef Scott Kostyshak:
The fonts are the issue, both screenfonts and document fonts. Lyx allows for
both to set only one font and many fonts do not support rtl languages
properly. I think what LibreOffice does (and I think Ms Office does the
same) is a way to go: add a separate font setting for RTL languages, both
for screen font as for the document font.
Ah interesting idea. Where does LibreOffice do this? Attached is a
screenshot of my LO font settings. Is the option there or somewhere
else?

It is under language settings. See attached screenshot.

The other thing is that on screen, when I type a rtl text in a ltr
documents, I have to mark that word as e.g. Hebrew before the sequence is
right. I would be nice to have that done automatically. Xetex does it right,
even if it is not marked as rtl. What would be great is an option to set not
only a default rtl font, but also a default rtl language, that is set
automatically by lyx in the document when rtl text is entered (and in Hebrew
Lyx of course vice versa).
I don't understand, but that's probably because I know nothing about
RTL or fonts. You might want to make a trac ticket for this and describe
the feature in more detail. I'm guessing setting the component of the
ticket to "bidi" is best.

Don't have time for that at the moment, but can do that somewhere in the coming week.

Thanks,

Cor