On 05/12/2016 23:44, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
With the "Converter Definitions" label now at the same highlight/logical level
as "Converter File Cache" and "Security" ones, I think there is no more the
confusionabout which options in the dialog are specific to a single converter.

I still think it is confusing. What do you think about Guillaume's idea
of placing the global options above the converter definitions?

I tried that as well first, but then realized that the actual problem was the
"Converter Definitions" text showing up as a QLabel within the content of the
converters definitions section; "promoting" it to becoming the title of the
section fixed the issue, because now with my style the "Converters Definition"
shows up left-aligned, boldface and unindented, identically to "Converter File
Cache"and "Security",and in Enrico's Qt style, those 3 show up as framing the
corresponding sections. The contents of said 3 sections show up as indented
in my style, and inside the corresponding frames in Enrico's, so it seems quite
clear that the cache and security settings won't refer to the selected converter
inside the first section.

That said, I don't have objections to reordering these 3 sections.

Creating a separate prefs tab might be meaningful if we had more security
settings
not related exclusively to converters, but keeping things together within a
single
converters pane has the advantage of linking clearly the security checkboxes
tooltips
to the 'needauth' options that can be set within each converter's individual
settings
mask. So I'd be in favor of leaving all into a single converters prefs pane as
it is
now.

Thanks,

        T.