Le 06/12/2016 à 17:37, Tommaso Cucinotta a écrit :
Creating a separate prefs tab might be meaningful if we had more
security settings
not related exclusively to converters, but keeping things together
within a single
converters pane has the advantage of linking clearly the security
checkboxes tooltips
to the 'needauth' options that can be set within each converter's
individual settings
mask. So I'd be in favor of leaving all into a single converters prefs
pane as it is
now.

I did not mean a security tab, but a "general" one that could contain:

- converter file cache
- security
- overwrite on export (from Output|general)

Concerning the UI, I use it rarely (obviously) but I encounter nonintuitiveness every time :) I see several points

- for converters , "Add" is enabled only when selecting a new from/to pair that does not have a converter yet. Nothing in the UI indicates that.

- The big question is whether or not it is required to use Apply at some point.

- Now if I go to files formats, I have New.../Remove instead of Add/Modify/Remove. How is it supposed to work? Why is it different?

- For format, I have nice check-boxes, but for converters I have to type a list of cryptic keywords. Nobody should have to know what 'needauth' means.

I do think that there is room for improvement. But since I am not the one who is going to do it, I'll stay quiet !