On 01/13/2017 12:29 PM, PhilipPirrip wrote:
> This is probably more of a general issue: when *master* is set to use
> biblatex, and a child hasn't been changed to use biblatex as well but
> uses, for example, natbib, two inconsistencies can happen:
> 1) when child contains "Insert>...>Bibliography", it will have
> \bibliographystyle and \bibliography commands, but will add the correct
> \addbibresource to the master. The solution would be to automatically
> switch the child to biblatex or at least warn the users of this
> inconsistency on their side.
> 2) child can have commands like \citeyearpar that will not be recognized
> by biblatex when the master document is compiled.

I think I saw a recent commit that addressed this kind of problem.

> I'm actually wondering if there's really need for child documents to have
> their own Document>Settings (their own preamble), independent of the
> master document's settings.

This has been discussed many times. Being a child document isn't an
intrinsic feature of a file. It could
be a child of many different documents, and also sometimes be used on
its own. I have many such files.

That said, it wouldn't be terrible to have some option that meant:
Always treat this document as a child,
and do not attempt to use its own settings. But then it's not clear what
that means if it isn't a child....

Richard