On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 11:48:13PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
> On 06/14/2017 02:08 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, there is no agreement.
> > OK. So we are stuck. I want to come to a decision before beta1. I'm not
> > sure what to suggest. I get the feeling that we've had enough discussion
> > and further discussion will not lead to a unanimous agreement. In this
> > case, I suppose we need to take a vote. Can I get a +1 from someone else
> > that thinks a vote would be a good idea in this situation?
>
> Yes, that's the way we have proceeded in the past when there were such
> disagreements.
>
> > (if indeed I get a +1 on the above) to proceed with a vote, anyone who
> > would like to make a proposal would need to write a self-contained
> > description of the problem and their proposed solution. A critique of
> > other available solutions is encouraged as well, so that we get a
> > feeling of the advantages/disadvantages of each proposed solution. I
> > emphasize self-contained because the discussion has been spread out and
> > we want people to participate in the vote who have not followed the
> > discussion so far. In addition to the essence of the proposal being
> > self-contained, you are welcome to make references to previous
> > discussion if you want to give the reader the option of reading a
> > particular issue more in detail. But don't waste time on this until we
> > get a +1 to proceed with a vote.
>
> + a lot. We defintely need a summary of what the issue is.

Günter, are you planning to make a proposal so that we can vote? I'm
sorry to ask you to do this when you have already spent a lot of time on
the topic, but I am hoping that this round will be the last one and that
we can vote and come to a conclusion, and that we can decide this before
2.3.0beta1.

Thanks for all of your time on this topic. I regret not taking the time
to fully understand all of the discussion before (I was secretly hoping
unanimous agreement would be achieved), but I look forward to spending
time to understand the advantages/disadvantages of your self-contained
proposal.

Scott