On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 09:16:51PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> The default fonts on my system look like junk.  Sorry, that's how it
> is.  In particular, the math fonts plainly are awful (basically being
> sloppily rendered line drawings).

This is _only_ for delimiters and accents.

For "ordinary characters" like 'a', \mathbb{R}, \sum  etc, either the X
symbol font or suitable LaTeX fonts can be used. So saying "math fonts are
... basically being sloppily rendered line drawings" is a bit strong.

> But the text fonts also are not good.  Some sort of printer fonts (what
> is it, Times or what?)

It is whatever you have chosen. What do you think Edit->Preferences->
ScreenFonts (incidently the very first tab when opening the preferences
menu) is good for?

> My Emacs source text buffers use 20x10 fixed fonts.  That are fonts that
> are actually designed for readability _at_ _screen_ _resolution_.

So why don't you use them in LyX?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)