From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 12.05.99 09:13

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] @ inet
cc:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] @ inet
Subject:  HELP!

I am running RH 5.2 kernel 2.2.7 and I have tried both lyx-0.12 and
lyx-1.0.3pre2 and I get the following two errors:
1. When i type lyx i get an Alert window with the following error
message:
              LyX wasn't able to find it's layout descriptions!
             Check that the file "textclass.lst" is installed
correctly.  Sorry, has to
             exit :-(

I get around the problem by typing lyx -sysdir /usr/local/share/lyx
(from the man page)

2. When I load a file I cannot view it with viewdvi, or postscript view.

I get the following Alert three times:
             Error: Could not change to directory:
             /tmp/lyx_tmp11766aaa/lyx_bufrtmp11766aaa
             Success

I suspect this has to do with improper configuration but any help would
be appreciated!

TIA,

Clive.