Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Wahyu Nugroho wrote:
>
> > I have download lyx-1.1.6fix1-1.i386.rpm from LyX ftp site. But when I try
> > to install it to my machine (running RedHat 6.2) I got these message on my
> > screen :
> >     error : failed dependencies :
> >             Xforms >= 0.88 is needed by lyx-1.1.6fix1-1
> >             tetex is needed by lyx-1.1.6fix1-1
> >             tetex-latex is needed by lyx-1.1.6fix1-1
> >             libforms.so.0.88 is needed by lyx-1.1.6fix1-1
>
> It looks like you don't have these packages. At least tetex should come
> with redhat, i don't know about xforms.
>
> Insert the install CD, run a package manager (for example gnorpm), go to
> the CD and search and install all packages that have "xforms" or
> "tetex" in their names.

6.2 may not have new enough versions of these programs. tetex and latex
don't change so frequently, but you'll probably need to download and
install the latest versions of xforms and libforms. rpmfind.net is good
for finding obscure libraries, or if you have a package manager that
supports this (e.g. kpackage) just point it at an FTP site and install
direct from there.  Whatever you do, don't attempt to solve the problem
by upgrading to RH 7.0 - it's the Windows ME of the Linux world!

Robin