Hi,

Putting tables created by gnumeric's ssconvert (from original .xlsx) into
floating boxes results in table numbers increasing by 2. My document having
such tables only shows even table numbers only.

I think this is because each of the converted tables itself (defined as
'longtable') increases the table counter by 1 - and so does the floating box
\caption on top of that. The preamble hack

        \let\oldinput\input
        \renewcommand{\input}[1]{\oldinput{#1}\addtocounter{table}{-1}}

reduces the table counter by 1 right after table import, which is only
correct if \caption appears after \input.

I am not sure if this is considered a bug, but to me it seems that the hack
works only contingent what syntactically follows \input. I leave it with you
guys if you deem that a bug and put a '\addtocounter{table}{-1}' after
\input when syntactically appropriate.

Thanks,
J.