On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 08:37:59PM -0800, Christos Makridis wrote:
> Hey Scott et al.,
>
> Thank you for your patience -- and in fact that seemingly simple process
> led me to the discovery of the problem. Apparently the new version of lyx
> treated some technical errors in my bib file that were not creating or
> showing a problem before, but these errors are obviously still wrong. My
> bib file is ~560 pages, so I went through and discovered were they are --
> and now it seems to work, great!

Glad you got it figured out! Indeed, it can take some time to narrow
down the issue, but it sounds like you got to the bottom of it.

For your curiosity, it's true that LyX changed to now report BibTeX
errors. See

  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX.NewInLyX22

or Help > About LyX > Release Notes:

  BibTeX errors are now processed and cause LyX to show the errors dialog.
  Before, these errors were ignored, which means that it may happen that
  documents that compiled without error with a previous version now
  compile with error. However, because now in 2.2.x users can click on the
  "Show Output Anyway" button, the document can still be viewed.

Scott