On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Allan Rae wrote:

> I'll give them that one for the moment (although Maple LaTeX import
> apparently works) and we've had at least two different interested groups
> start some work on this but they seem to have disappeared.

Who cares about proprietary Maple ;)
What would be nice to have is importing of LaTeX generated by
Maxima. Unfortunately it just doesn't work. No error messages, but the
math will have very little WYSIWYM on the screen and LaTeX won't process
the result. Here's small example:

\documentclass[english]{article}
\begin{document}
$${{1}\over{\sqrt{3}}}\leqno{\tt (D1)}$$
\end{document}

(Maxima generates only the math line, header and tail was inserted by me).