Matej Cepl writes:

  YES! Than I would be able to get my beloved transpose-characters
  function, which nobody cares to implement in LyX.

I wouldn't know how to implement it, but I'll second the request.  In
addition to a transpose-characters (C-t) function, LyX could use a
transpose-words (M-t) function; improved implementations of
word-capitalize, word-lowcase, and word-upcase functions; and
sentence-sensitive commands like delete-to-end-of-sentence (M-d),
go-to-end-of-sentence (M-e) and go-to-beginning-of-sentence (M-a).

For the eternal wish-list ...

--

Ronald Florence                 http://members.home.net/18james