On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:

IMHO, it's a pity to export to bitmap diagrams which have such a strong
vectorial nature. The UML diagrams which are in the xfig library do not
fit your needs ? In addition, the xfig inset in lyx works great.

Jean-Pierre,

  It has been at least six years since I looked at xfig. Then I found the
learning curve steep and used Gri instead. However, I agree that UML
diagrams should remain vector format. Do I have issues mixing graphic
formats (e.g., png and eps) in the same document?

Thanks,

Rich