On Thursday 03 August 2006 11:23 am, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
> > IMHO, it's a pity to export to bitmap diagrams which have such a strong
> > vectorial nature. The UML diagrams which are in the xfig library do not
> > fit your needs ? In addition, the xfig inset in lyx works great.
>
> Jean-Pierre,
>
>    It has been at least six years since I looked at xfig. Then I found the
> learning curve steep and used Gri instead. However, I agree that UML
> diagrams should remain vector format. Do I have issues mixing graphic
> formats (e.g., png and eps) in the same document?

You're right about it being a shame to lose the vector informaton, but when  I
investigated xfig back around the turn of the century, it seemed too
mouse-centric, and too difficult to use. The back end native file format
might be better, but as I remember drawing was painfully slow and quirky.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm