On 8/3/06, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Inkscape seems particularly apt to produce flowcharts, as it has got
> the 'connectors' features, making the arrows connected even when one
> moves the connected frames. And it can save the pictures as vectorial
> eps, pdf, and so on.

Inkscape looks pretty nice, but unless I'm missing something, it does
not support embedded LaTeX commands (and in particular math formulas)?

That is true that it does not support embedded LaTeX commands in
general, but one can virtually insert anything LaTeX can output (math
formulas included) by converting from eps to svg (the Inkscape's
format). The final picture (with the math formulas inserted) looks
great and it is vectorial, scalable.

Paul