Lyx Physicst wrote:
On 7/17/07, Charles de Miramon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lyx Physicst wrote:

> Hi all, I am writing my thesis in Lyx 1.44(OS X).  I need to have all
the
> page numbering for the first pages of a new section(ie Table of Figures, > first page in chapter, etc) removed. I have managed to remove them all, > except the first page of my bibliography. I am using a bibtex generated
> bibliography and I have no idea how to remove the page numbering.  I am
> writing the paper in Report class.  Is there anyway to remove the page
> numbering and have it start re-counting again on the 2nd page of the
bib?
> Thanks,
> charles

I guess inserting in ERT \thispagestyle{empty} just after the bibliography
inset should work. A cleaner but more complex solution would be to
redefine
the bibliography environment.

Hi, I tried to do that originally, but it doesnt seem to work.  That just
makes the last page of the bib. un-numbered, but not the first as I need..

I am also seeing what you are, can't get the bib pages to be un-numbered, with out redefining stuff in the bib def.

however is the requirement that the pages be un-counted as far as the document length is concerned, or that they have no page count numbers at all?

if it is only that they not be counted for the overall length, you might do a work around something like:
ERT \pagenumbering{roman} %before bib
ERT \setcounter{page}{1} %before bib

ERT \pagenumbering{arabic} %after bib
ERT \setcounter{page}{1} %after bib

or after reading:
http://www.emerson.emory.edu/services/latex/latex_129.html
you could probably use something like:
ERT \pagestyle{empty} %before bib
ERT \pagestyle{plain} %after bib

Assuming plain is the style you have been using, the URL does not indicate if "fancy" is allowed.

--
Todd Denniston