On 7/17/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lyx Physicst wrote:

> Sorry, let me clarify.  My thesis ends on page 85, so I would like the
> first
> page of the bib to not have a page number(which would be 86) at the
bottom,
> and then the 2nd page to continue counting at 87 and so on.
>  I tried to use the
> ERT \pagestyle{empty} %before bib
> ERT \pagestyle{plain} %after bib
>  method, but that doesnt remove the page number of the first page of the
> bib...

Try the following.  Put \usepackage{afterpage} in your preamble.  (This
presumes you have the tools package, but I think that's a standard part
of all LaTeX distros.)  At the end of the text on what will be page 85,
put \afterpage{\thispagestyle{empty}} in ERT just before the page break.
  I think that will do it for you.

/Paul

Hi paul,  I tried that but it still isnt working...  I didnt get any errors
so I assume I have the package.  Is there anything else that I can try?
Another possibility that I wouldnt mind is to make a separate file somehow
that has my bib in it and removing the first page there.  I am turning in a
hard copy, not a digital one, so any way to get that first page of my bib
un-numbered will work...
Thanks again for all the help