David Hewitt wrote:

I've been using the beamer presentation document class within Lyx for a
long while now, and I wouldn't think of going back to anything else. It
does take a bit of getting used to, but it's very important for me to have
a consistency of look, the referencing of figures and text, a hierarchical structure for the presentation and a generic PDF file that can be played
anywhere.

Can you post a simple example to the Wiki?
There is a template distributed with LyX. I have used that as a starting
point, and simply removed what I didn't need or want. This was
sufficient to make a couple of useful presentations. (I obviously
also added the text and figures needed. :-)

If you make presentations regularly, you should make your own
starting point template as soon as you find yourself repeating
stuff at the start of each new presentation.

As mentioned above, the consistency and structure is nice. Clicking
on a cross reference takes you there, so "jumping around wildly" is
possible, for example when answering questions from the audience.

You can make bullet points within a page appear one at a time if needed,
or anything else such as a series of pictures making up a cartoon.

Helge Hafting