On Tuesday 11 March 2008 12:00, Maximilian Wollner wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> I'm using LyX on a daily basis for all my writings at university and
> like it very much. Meanwhile, I have also experimented a lot with
> customization of LaTeX and how to do all that in LyX. I like the idea
> of users helping other users. But I find it quite uncomfortable to
> use a mailing list. I had a subscription for a while but got way too
> many emails each day and ended up deleting them without reading them.
> Then I tried the RSS-feed, but it only features author name and
> subject title – not enough info. Then I tried to use search engines –
> but got a lot of old topics not related to current versions of LyX.
>
> Somehow, I find it difficult to use mailing lists, maybe I am a too
> young computer and internet user but I can not see a single
> advantage. So I tried to look around for LyX discussion boards but
> can't find any. Do you know of any? Or is there any possibility to
> read the list in Google Groups (where I can have a sort of-discussion
> board-view)? Is a discussion board on LyX maybe planned? Or, is there
> any good application to read and participate in mailing lists?
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Max

I like mailing lists *much* better than newsgroups. I like the info to be
dropped at my door -- not have to go out and get it.

That being said, there's website called gmane.org that serves as a newsgroup
interface for email lists. From the gmane entry for your mailing list, you
can read mail, send mail, and reply.

So I can read my LyX-Users email with Kmail, while you're newgrouping it from
gmane.

To do this, someone would need to link gmane with [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SteveT

Steve Litt
Books written in LyX:
        Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
        Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
        Troubleshooting: Just the Facts