On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 09:26:26AM +0200, A B wrote:

> suggested. But basically everything in one place. Reason? If you need
> lyxa format, you are either archiving it for backup or sending it to
> someone. The recipient are never going to have the same directory
> structure as you. That will only mean failure to try to achieve. The
> easier way is to just loose the exact location if you are going for a
> lyxa  file.

You have this problem anyway, because LyX depends on LaTeX and all the
various LaTeX packages people have installed.  It's really quite a bit
more complicated than a Word or OOo installation.  I've no idea what
to do about this short of limiting the power of LyX by shipping its
own LaTeX with "standard" extensions.

Andrew Sullivan
a...@shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.