Hi.

I'm still quite new to Maemo development and just barely got a
command-line hello world program going so far.

I would like to get a GPL'd program called ChessDB running on it.  This
program is good at analysing chess positions, as opposed to playing
them.  For instance you can set up an endgame position and analyse
different variations.  This is something I would like to do on the
subway using the N800.

Anyway, I looked through the ChessDB code.  It is written mostly in
C++.  The user interface part, however, is in Tcl/Tk.  Thus there is no
messy C GUI library to contend with as in porting some other software.
At present I am using OS 2007 but can switch to OS 2008 if necessary.

I was wondering if others have experience with the following issues:

A)  Is it hard getting Tcl/Tk running on either OS 2007 or 2008?

B)  Do applications running in Tcl/Tk generally have behavioural issues
once you get them going?

C)  Would a straight C++ program have any problems with standard shared
runtime libraries on the N800 using either OS?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Will