On Monday 29 March 2010 13:13:14 you wrote:
> With the current state of extras-devel, long term availability is hardly
> a point that should be raised against other repositories. At least the
> source is available.

I feel this is more to the fact that very few people use 3rd party
repositories and they don't have real any place to voice their problems or
repo breakage (except for the gronmeyer site itself, but that's not problem
solving, just repo list sanitizing). Remember how we lost Ruby on Maemo ?

> The distros you compare have a lot of packagers who go through the QA
> process, not the developers. Maemo, on the other hand, has very few
> people who take other people's program and package them. Thus, you
> expect the developers to go through the QA process themselves, so this
> comparison is not really valid.

So instead of finding people to help with maintainership, packaging and/or the
QA process, we just ditch the whole thing and go packaging guerilla ? That's
a move of convenience at best, hardly a solution (especially for end-users).

Regards,
Attila