> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 06:50:21PM +0100, Graham Cobb wrote:
>
>> Will there be any SDK/autobuilder updates to go with this?
>>

> Not required right now, but it's an interesting question.  For example,
> one existing request is to enable ogg support in sdl-mixer which would
> require /something/ to be done in order for extras apps to be able to use
> it.
>
> I'm not sure what the right solution would be.  The recent work on the
> Fremantle side seems particularly relevant, but may be too much work
> for this.  Niels, what do you think?

The devkit + symbols might be a solution. But that also means that we
basically need to create our own SDK :)

We can say that the for instance say that from a certain point in time
diablo is only supported for devices running the community version of
diablo. (Discussion welcome)

We would need to create a community sdk repo with the updated libraries
too. And the autobuilder would use that sdk.

Having both a plain diablo Extras and a community ssu compatible Extras
would probably not be worth it as the number of downloads for diablo are
really low.

Diablo seems to be EOL for Nokia, although not officially announced.
Everybody wanting new latest and greatest software should use the
community SSU at some point?

Extras is a community run repository, whatever the community agrees on goes.

--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster