On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Eyal Erez <ere...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking about using linux, i even install it, but i'm not familier with
> that and i'm not that familier with Nokia OS(Meamo) so i try minimize that
> things that i don't know ..

The name of OS is Maemo, and it's actually Debian based, so it shares
many tools with Debian and Ubuntu, making it much easier to do things
there.

> i type "apt-get quits" and i get : "E:Invalid opertion quits"

Whenever in future you have doubts about what commands parameters are
and what they actually do,
consult their manual pages:
http://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get

> then i type "exit" twice and close the X-Terminal and still the file is
> empty.
> what can i do to solve this?
> i also check and i can reach the file in windows but i's empty

I'm puzzled why this happens for you. Maybe you interrupt apt-get
before it's able to produce
any error messages.

> The error msg that i get are :
>
> "Hit http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/non-free packages
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://repository.maemo.org/dists/fremantle/sdk/fremantle/binary-armel/packages
> 404 Not Found [IP:81.218.31.152 80]
>
> W:Failed to fetch
> http://repository.maemo.org/dists/fremantle/sdk/non/binary-armel/packages
> 404 Not Found [IP:81.218.31.152 80]
>
> E:Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead."

I don't have N900 any more, so I cannot check. But it looks like it's
related to configuration of Nokia closed source packages. You need to
fetch the key afer signing the EULA and let apt know the key as it's
explained in the page
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/eula/index.php

This command will show the content of apt current configuration in command line:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list

Thanks, Daniil.