I brought up a quick CSLA injest of some mailman-dev posts to show off some
basic features. I'm having a little trouble with the swish-e code, so the
features that depend on text-indexing arn't working at the moment (search,
author search).  The current UI uses user-cookies to choose between a
2-pane frames mode and a noframes mode. I set the frames-mode as the
default, which is inspired by the old google-groups usenet multi-message
tree. Use "prefs" to check out the noframes mode, which is more like
pipermail.

Take a peek more for general capabilities than UI details (unless you see
something you really like). I'm planning to change the UI to be more like
the gmail-esq conversation style UIs I've been using since then... (where
most/all of a thread's messages are rendered into a single page) I like the
outgoing google-groups UI pretty well  (not the new AJAXy one).

1) basic "home" for a list with bymonth and top-author metrics, RSS.
Extended top-author page.

http://dj1.willowmail.com/csla/Mailman-Developers
http://dj1.willowmail.com/csla/Mailman-Developers/top_authors?date=2012-03

2) Prefs, including timezone, read-status key, browse-style.. (not sure if
the read state is working on my install)

http://dj1.willowmail.com/csla/Mailman-Developers/prefs

3) threadlist for the month (frames or noframes in prefs)

http://dj1.willowmail.com/csla/Mailman-Developers/browse/month/2012-03/107

4) single-thread-list display (frames or noframes in prefs)

http://dj1.willowmail.com/csla/Mailman-Developers/threads?start=1

5) here is a good example of a thread with redundant text eliding

http://dj1.willowmail.com/csla/Mailman-Developers/browse_frm/thread/4/221