That exception message is coming from the WMS server your layer is
connected to. It's because the CLIP() expression does not produce a valid
WMS GetMap request because the inferred width and height is 0 (that's where
the "can not be empty" part is coming from)

Having looked at the WMS provider code in more detail, I think the actual
function you want is not CLIP(), but RESAMPLE(). I can't see any working
reference usage of CLIP() in any of our FDO client application code. In
MapGuide, only RESAMPLE() is used.

RESAMPLE takes 2 extra parameters, (width and height), those are the actual
values that get sent in the WMS GetMap request that the provider assembles
together.

So in light of this, is there even a valid usage example for CLIP()?

I honestly have no idea 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

- Jackie

You wrote:

I was pulled off this for a while to get another project done. Looking
at this again and I was able to get the feature geometry name.
However, now I’ve run into a new issue. I’m getting this exception:
OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception: 'InvalidFormat:
Parameter 'height' can not be empty.

This doesn’t make any sense to me because there is no “height”
argument when I check the function arguments.

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo