Hi Sri,

The error below means that the mod_perl library was not installed in your
Perl's @INC.

During the mod_perl makemaker step in the BioMart docs:

perl Makefile.PL \
PREFIX=/home/biomart/apache \
MP_APXS=/home/biomart/apache/bin/apxs

it will put the mod_perl library files in the default location which is in
that Apache's lib directory, /home/biomart/apache/lib for the example
above.  You will see it is putting them there at the make install step where
it has many lines saying "Installing ...". Apache's lib directory is not in
your Perl's @INC so you get this error you mentioned.  So you can do one of
two things:

   1. Always start BioMart HTTPD setting PERL5LIB to Apache's lib dir
   before: PERL5LIB=/home/biomart/apache/lib /local/biomart/apache/bin/httpd -d
   $PWD/ -f $PWD/conf/httpd.conf. This will add this path to Perl's @INC
   2. Or during the mod_perl makemaker step above tell it to put the
   mod_perl library files in the Perl's site_lib:

perl Makefile.PL \
PREFIX=/home/biomart/apache \
MP_APXS=/home/biomart/apache/bin/apxs \
INSTALLSITELIB=/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8

It will then put everything
in /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi which is
already in your @INC.  For the second option for your installation looks
like you would need superuser privileges.

hth,
Leandro