>No, one of the lessons of the communist international was the difficulty
>of imposing a line centrally which might not fit in with the concrete
>conditions in a particular country.
>
>One of my objections is that the US leftists who dominate these e-mail
>lists are not allowing an effective ventilation of the sort of left
>reformist position in Britain represented by the Guardian and the Observer.
>If that position is wrong for Britain, that will be demonstrated better by
>its open debate.
>
>Chris Burford

A fair and reasoned reply from Chris and I agree, an international dictat
of policy cannot ever fit in with all specificand  possible local
conditions.  My objection however, is precisely with the reformist position
in Britain, especially as represented by the Guardian and the Observer. And
I welcome just such an open debate!

Russ