Chris,

I think you might want to note that this list is aimed at MARXISTS
not left reformists (to whom I would hope it would be opposed!) and
the Guardian has never been Marxist.

In fact it was set up as a Liberal paper and is still funded by the,
politically Liberal, Scott Trust (named after it great Editor C.P.
Scott, a leading British Zionist). When they bought the Observer they
funded it with the profits from their right-wing regional tabloid.

The Guardian is also the paper that recently published an article by
the progressive John Pilger then took the unpresidented step of
publishing a letter attacking it by the editorial staff. Pilger had
said that the Rambuwee Agreement would have imposed a free market on
Kosovo. The Diplomatic Editor wrote that this was untrue and the
agreement said no such thing. The following day another journalist
phoned him up to show him where it DID said what Pilger had stated
(from the text on the Guardian's web page!) he admited that he had
not read the Agreement text. And he is their Diplomatic Editor !!!

If that is 'an effective ventilation of the sort of left reformist
position in Britain' then I am afraid I'm not really much interested.

Regards,

John Walker
Manchester, UK