#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I don't know who launched the Ghouta attacks, and to my knowledge, there is no
credible proof either way.  But there is certainly doubt about the US version,
with both Hersh and now two Turkish deputies making the same allegations
independently.

But let us consider, in the absence of any proof, simple logic.  Why would the
Assad regime have launched such attacks, militarily ineffective as they were,
just weeks after Obama publicly stated, and trumpeted in the lackey media,
that chemical weapons would be his 'red line' to destroy the Assad regime's
military?   Why would Assad play into Obama's hands in this way?  Isn't that
scenario, in the light of constant US goverment lies revealed by Wikileaks,
more than a little too coincidental?

And, precisely when UN chemical weapons inspectors had been invited into the
country, and were able to quickly go to the site?

At the time, the Assad military was at least holding its own.  His position was
far from desperate, as we know, much better than now.

Assad would have had to have been a FOOL, to put it mildly,  And while one can
document that his regime is dictatorial, brutal, lying..I have yet to hear any
allegation from ANYONE that he is a fool, not even from Obama, the Turks, the
Saudi beheaders, etc.

Unless someone can show evidence the man is a fool, it's difficult to credit
the US version.  And given The Tonkin Gulf, the Iraqi weapons of mass
destruction, the overthrow of Mossadegh, the lies about Khadafy's massacres,
etc. etc. etc.,  doesn't the adage apply:  'fool me once, shame on you.  Fool
me twice, shame on me?'

How can anyone take the US side here, without proof,  with a straight face,
especially if one claims to be a 'marxist'?