Actually, there is no point in using samba, what you really want is
smbmount.  smbmount works just like mount does, you give it a server name
and then a mount point (/home/ftp/nt_box maybe?), and a login and password
if need be.  You'll need to recompile your kernel to include support for
this, but the smbmount program should be on your system already, if it isn't
I'm not sure where to get it but I'm sure that it is around somewhere, just
search or look in ftp.cdrom.com.

        For the port forwarding stuff, which is what you really should do, you just
need to get ipportfw and run something like this:

/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -C
/usr/local/sbin/ipportfw -A -t<maq_box_ip>/2000 -R <destination_ip>/21

        This would make it so that if you ftp to your masq box at port 2000 it will
forward the request on to your ftp server on your NT box on the default port
of 21.  You could set the port on your masq box to port 21 and get rid of
the ftpd from your /etc/inetd.conf.  I *think* that this is correct, I
actually use ipautofw which people keep saying not to use but I'm too lazy
to change anything if its working.  You can type "ipportfw -L" to list the
rules... its pretty straight forward.

        If you want to serve a whole bunch of files that are going to stay the
same, you'd probably be best ftping them to your linux box and using the
linux ftp server, depending on the speed and ram of your masq box, but this
way you wouldn't have to keep the IIS ftp server running on your NT box
which is probably a good thing.  If you want to give access to your NT hard
drive via ftp then the map is the best way, or if your linux box is just too
slow or doesn't have enough space.  smbmount is the coolest, but probably
not all that great for ftp serving.

        -Andrew Kerr

---
Andrew Kerr
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.umich.edu/~akerr

School of Natural Resources and the Environment
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Michigan
---