I don't have the same networks...  at least I don't think I do...

ok...  here is a picture

Alpha
Eth1    <---Masq--->    Eth0
129.147.131.140         192.168.1.4
    |                           |
    |                           |
    |                   My intertnal net ---  Sun Classic
Internet                        |

                              Eth0
                           192.168.1.5
                              PII
                             PLIP0
                          192.168.2.1

                             PLIP1
                          192.168.2.2
                            Laptop

Right now the laptop can communicate with everything accept the alpha and
the outside world.  Any suggestions...  I think its the filtering rules on
the alpha which are bellow