On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Carsten Munk <cars...@maemo.org> wrote:
> Long story short: buildd and launchpad is very useful but only when
> you're doing Debian and Debian only. OBS is different in many
> different ways and allows a proper productization environment as well
> as growing an organisation organically.

I see, thanks for enlightening me. We should then look to add the
missing features like Feature Planning (blueprint) and others from
Launchpad, although we could just use the wiki for everything not
build / commit stuff.

> The choice has been made to go for OBS and RPM in Mer - we'll be in a
> even longer cycle if we were to revert to Debian based things and it's
> not obvious there'll be any benefit - I personally got bitten badly by
> basing on Debian/Ubuntu in the first iteration of Mer. We're here now
> and we have something that works and expertise in these areas. That's
> the direction we're going in.
>
> (I swear, if we are going to have the RPM vs DEB talk, I'll propose we
> switch to rot13 encrypted zip files and actually go ahead with it!)

I've stopped it, I hope Qt Creator will learn to create RPM packages
by when Mer is reading for playing with :-D

-Sivan