Hi,
Last year I discovered the iSH app, "The Linux shell for iOS"
(https:/ish.app), "a project to get a Linux shell environment running
locally on your iOS device, using a usermode x86 emulator". It's an
Alpine Linux distribution with the Almquist shell (ash) as default.
Nice, fun -- and useful! -- but one thing puzzles me and prevents me
from utilizing the full potential of the app:

I can ssh FROM any OpenBSD box INTO iSH on my iPhone, and once
authenticated I can ssh back from there to the OpenBSD box or to any
other OpenBSD or Linux box, but! -- From iSH itself (ie. "directly" from
my iPhone) I can only successfully ssh to Linux boxes; if I ssh from the
phone itself to any OpenBSD box I'm getting authenticated and receive a
full shell prompt but the moment I hit Enter the client drops the
connection.

Summarized:

ssh FAILS from iSH > to OpenBSD
ssh WORKS from iSH > to Linux
ssh WORKS from OpenBSD > to iSH (and from iSH (back) to Linux/OpenBSD)

I guess there must be something obvious I'm missing but for the life of
me I cannot figure out what. Any help is appreciated.

Not sure what logs, if any, I should supply. Running ssh -v[vv]
(verbose) doesnt yield any difference between working and non-working
connections, and it's the same with /var/log/auth.log as far as I can
see.

Cheers,
Erling